"Break clear away...climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
The Log Cabin Cafe, Bed & Breakfast is perfectly located in the heart of Yellowstone-Beartooth wilderness. High mountain peaks in every direction shelter Silver Gate, a lifetime of rejuvenating adventure awaits you here...
Click HERE and HERE for more info. about recreation around the Log Cabin
From the Doors of the Log Cabin Cafe, Bed and Breakfast, enjoy:
- Wildlife Watching. Lamar Valley is world famous for wildlife. Spot wolves, moose, bear and every creature of the northern Rockies for hours of enjoyment or photography. More info and photos HERE.
- World Class Trout Fishing. Fish the Soda Butte Creek just behind the cafe, rich with undiscovered trout; the Lamar River a short drive into Yellowstone; the Clark’s Fork of the Yellowstone River in Sunlight Basin or our countless area lakes. Your fishing choices are literally limitless. Check with the General Store in Cooke City for fishing licenses and Yellowstone National Park for more info. Trail maps and area info available at Silvertip Mountain Center.
- Day Hiking. Trails leave from Silver Gate. Area waterfalls and other fun destinations within 1 mile of the restaurant. Trails from easy to advanced provide opportunity of all! Trail maps and information at Silvertip Mountain Center across the street in Silver Gate.
- Mountain Biking. Trails leave from Silver Gate. Both singletrack and jeep roads abound, providing routes for beginners to experts/short and long rides. Check Silvertip Mountain Center for information and maps.
- Horseback riding. Trails leave from Silver Gate. We recommend Stillwater Outfitters at Cooke Pass for guided trips.
- Mountain Climbing. Montana’s highpoint, Granite Peak, lies within 15 miles of the Log Cabin. The Beartooth range and Yellowstone National Park offer untold alpine adventure for mountaineers. Supplies and information available at Silvertip Mountain Center across the street in Silver Gate. Silvertip Mountain Center offers Montana’s best selection of climbing gear!
- Backpacking. One of the nation’s most popular backpacking trips, the Beaten Path, begins about five miles from the restaurant. This trails traverses the spectacular Beartooth Plateau and is an unforgettable journey. It is only one of many choices for campers. Car shuttles, trail info., maps, and backpacking supplies available at Silvertip Mountain Center.
- Yellowstone Touring. Enjoy all of the above in the nation’s first national park founded in 1872, located within 1 mile of our restaurant. Yellowstone wildlife watching, hiking, camping, picnicking and more are some of our nation’s favorite summer pastimes. Check with Yellowstone National Park and Silvertip Mountain Center across the street from the restaurant for Yellowstone info.
The Log Cabin Café s owners are year round residents and share a special commitment to this place. Our roots and knowledge of the area go deep, so you will be in good hands for directions and information. We also sell area maps. Silvertip Mountain Center provides convenient car drops and pick-ups to facilitate your adventures while reducing your fuel use. Please see Jay or Laurie when you stop by, view info. at www.silvertipmountaincenter.com, call 800 863 0807 or visit Silvertip Mountain Center across the street from the Café for more information.